A Little Boy

(L to R): Ester [holding Francisco] & Maya (FMC missionaries), Linda & me
I just came home from visiting one of our fellow missionary families. Juan and Linda are a Mexican family who are also missionaries spreading the gospel. They live in General and raising support for their ministry is very difficult in this poor town. They just had (via c-section) their 4th baby, Francisco. 


Linda is very special to me, so full of joy and love for the Lord... She's my age. One of their big ministries is the youth group at church... They are excellent witnesses to the youth!
In their poverty the only need Linda has every asked me for was clothes for her youngest son (2 1/2 years old) and the newborn baby boy. I told her that I could bring her back clothes when I can back from the States. Unless we go into the city (about an hour away from General), there is no place in this small town to buy clothes that size.

So my plea to you who are reading this: do you, or anyone you know, have 2T-3T boy clothes or any 3 month and up to 1 year boy clothes that you are getting rid of that I could pick up in Colorado in May to give to this wonderful family?

I know many moms shop at consignment stores, if you go in there in the next month or so and see items that are on clearance in those sizes would you consider purchasing them, as a tithe for this family?

I would love to lavish them with the Father's love through a good collection of clothes, both summer and winter for the boys. The baby will be about 9 months when the coldest months hit down her.
Also, please please please let others know of this need... As Mother Teresa says invite people to do something beautiful for the Lord!
Also pray for Linda... In the states after a c-section (major abdominal surgery) you would be on strong pain meds for at least a week. Linda gave birth last Wednesday and does not have this medication. She is extreme pain, but is still joyful that we came to visit! She is a true witness to the joy of the Gospel.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Natalia

Catholic Missionary with Family Missions Company
Ntschumann@gmail.com
Support :: http://www.fmcmissions.com/portfolio/schumannfamily/

Comments

Popular Posts